[Ambassadors] Event effects [Re: Outage Notification - Koji, plague 2009-02-21 15:00 UTC]

I saw this Koji outage affect us at the SCaLE booth just once this
weekend, but I don't know how many more there might have been.  Do we
want to ask Infrastructure to consider the events schedule when
planning outages?  Not as a trump card, just a consideration.

----- Forwarded message from Dennis Gilmore <dennis ausil us> -----

From: Dennis Gilmore <dennis ausil us>
To: fedora-devel-announce redhat com
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 12:38:07 -0600
Subject: Re: Outage Notification - Koji, plague 2009-02-21 15:00 UTC

On Friday 13 February 2009 09:54:58 pm Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> There will be an outage starting at 2009-02-21 15:00 UTC, which will last
> approximately 48 hours.
>
> To convert UTC to your local time, take a look at
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/UTCHowto
> or run:
>
> date -d '2009-02-21 15:00 UTC'
>
> Affected Services:
>
> Buildsystem (koji and plague)
>
> Unaffected Services:
> CVS / Source Control
> Database
> DNS
> Fedora Hosted
> Fedora People
> Fedora Talk
> Mail
> Mirror System
> Torrent
> Translation Services
> Websites
>
> Ticket Link:
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/1187
>
> Reason for Outage:
> Maintenance of /mnt/koji filesystem,
> koji DB Maintainence
> Upgrade koji to support EPEL, noarch subpackages, srpm's built in a chroot.
> along with lots of bug fixes.
>
> Contact Information:
>
> Please join #fedora-admin in irc.freenode.net or respond to this email to
> track the status of this outage.
This has been completed and building is back to normal.  please report
any odd failures.  there has been a very large change in koji.

noarch subpackages are now supported,  which needs srpms to be built in
a chroot.  the last of F-11's features that needed koji changes are now
ready to deploy.

Dennis