[Ambassadors] Re: Fedora 'ambassadors-kit'

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 15:52:04 UTC 2009

2009/1/19 JoergSimon <jsimon at fedoraproject.org>:
> Am Sonntag, 18. Januar 2009 23:57:47 schrieb Bert Desmet:
>> Hi Joerg,
>>
>> I have heard in the #fedora-ambassadors channel on irc that there are
>> ambassadorKit's.
>> But the wiki about it says that it's only a proposel until now?
>
> Hi Bert,
>
> i post this in Ambassadors ML too, this is an important Topic!
> there are several started Projects, Kit´s, Boxes etc ...
>
> EventBox
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/EventBox
>
> Draft Ambassador Kit North America
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/NorthAmerica/Drafts/Tools
>
> FedoraKit Italia - one time? Project sponsored by bytecode
> http://blog.foppiano.org/2008/10/23/fedora-kit-landed-around-italy/
>
> I would love to see the "AmbassadorKit" also as a mindset of ideas and best
> practices for organizing events and getting ressources ... what do you think
> about this?
>
> Regards Joerg

Hi all,

I've updated the wiki page above to show that we've completed both
components on that page.  I also changed its name so that it would
work for all ambassadors in all regions.  I'd like to see a list of
tools listed here available for any/all ambassadors to request.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassador_Tools

If other regions are interested in having these components, please
follow the links from the above page and create your own.

Also, I noticed that the Italian AmbassadorKit has a few things the
North American one does not.  For instance, we didn't include posters,
the Fedora KIT DVD (what is this exactly?) nor the USB Cable.  We
didn't include those things due to the idea that an AmbassadorKit is
useful for ad-hoc and small events, though maybe including a single
Fedora poster might not be a bad idea.

Cheers,

Clint