[Ambassadors] Freemedia + Unity Re-Spins, Thoughts?

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 18:51:07 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 2:39 AM, Frank Murphy
<frankly3d at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Looking for thoughts on this.
>
> What would the Freemedia\Ambassadors think,
> if we cannot include Unity-Respins as full Project sponsored spins.
> Could we try work on them as an upgrade option.
>
> John (inode) voiced something similar previously:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-ambassadors-list/2009-January/msg00198.html
>
> Where requester is sent the Official Media,
> and the closest Unity-spin to the request date.
>
> It will cost ambassadors a bit extra on media\time\p+p.
> But it will save the requester time\money, and
> give them a fairly concurrent box.
>
> If feedback is positive, would others be willing to help me bring this
> forward, to the relevant groups\committees?

I don't see any reason that they can't just be another option those
requesting media can choose, and those fulfilling requests can accept
or not as they choose. If they want the official media they request
it, if they would rather have a re-spin they request that.

Why would someone want both?

John