[Ambassadors] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjKQTiXDBeE

Francesco Ugolini francesco at ephisia.org
Fri Jul 17 16:32:13 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 2:22 PM, sunil datta<sunil_prog at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Lavan has provide us a very good and valuable information. If I am not wrong, he provide us this information to let us know what are the project Microsoft is going to start in Shri Lanka and we should also think of, how we are going to play on the ground, on which Microsoft has already invested a good amount.

(/me has read the previous and following messages, just grabbed this
one 'cos it helps him)

I think it's necessary to point two things:

1) We are Fedora, a community focused on people and not in
competition. We aren't a company and we haven't interest in thinking
at what microsoft or any other company is doing, simply because we are
doing a completely different thing :)

2) Just a tip: for such things (discussion on marketing etc) we have
Fedora Marketing Project. There are a lot of ambassadors involved and
it's open to whoever want to join the discussion. I know, in this
case, you were thinking at the Events side, BTW, we have a team that
is working hardly keeping a global strategy and I think they could use
better than here all the Marketing suggestion you want to bring to the
project.

3) I think every community has its own strategy, I see Sri Lanka
community has just done a great join, and, I want to suggest, if you
accept this, to keep this way, working on events and make people know
what Fedora is and how to join Fedora. Thanks

Regards

Francesco Ugolini