[Ambassadors] FAmNA Meeting Summary from 2009-07-21

Matt McKenzie linuxknight at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 23 14:50:34 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 7:05 AM, Larry Cafiero <larry.cafiero at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 8:03 AM, inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> But on the other
>> hand not everyone likes wearing polos and prefers a shirt with buttons
>> that is a bit more formal. I don't think anyone wants to stop doing
>> polos, lots of people would just like a non-polo Fedora ambassador
>> shirt too.
>

> That's exactly it, John. To be both truthful and vain, I attract harpoons
> whenever I wear the polo because, to put it tactfully, it's unflattering on
> me. But that's just me.
>
> In Mexico, Alejandro Acosta has a white work shirt with the Fedora logo
> (and writing on the sleeve I think), button down, that looks pretty
> professional.
>
> My proposal is that we should have a choice: Those who want to wear polos
> should do so. Those who want to wear something different should have an
> option.
>
> Putting on my polo now to go to OSCON . . . .
>
> Larry Cafiero

I will add a +1 to the Fedora Ambassador button down shirt idea.
I have an Ambassador polo, which I have worn a few times, and since it was
kind of expensive I do intend to wear it some more, but I agree the button
down shirt would be nice.

There are many company shirts I have seen that were of this type, a short or
long sleeve collared button down shirt, with the company logo on the left
upper or right upper front of the shirt.  We could use the same template as
the polos, as in, Fedora logo on left upper front, and Ambassador logo on
left sleeve.

I like the idea of having the option for either or both polo and button down
shirts.

My choice of colors would be white, black, or Fedora blue, with the logos
embroidered.