[Ambassadors] Fedora 11: Raise thy Mighty... Finger?

Jack Aboutboul jaa at redhat.com
Wed Jun 3 14:46:20 UTC 2009

http://jaboutboul.blogspot.com/2009/06/fedora-11-raise-thy-might-finger.html

Authentication is an aspect of computing which many take for granted.
What's all the fuss? you think. Username, password and that's that. In
the following Q&A session with Bastien Nocera, long time Fedora
Contributor and Desktop Renaissance Man, we discover that when it comes
to authentication, there is more than meets the finger!

With fingerprint and other biometric authentication options gaining more
popularity, its time to get more creative regarding their use. Many
laptops have had built-in fingerprint readers for upwards of two years
now and Fedora 11, thanks to Bastien and crew, does a solid job of
making that option a viable one for Linux desktop user. How did we make
this happen for Fedora 11? Will your Fedora laptop one day be able to
authenticate you on the web using your finger? Will we ever get GNOME
keyring to unlock using a fingerprint? What will Bastien work on next?
All this and more if you keep reading below!

Or above in this case...