[Ambassadors] Let's avoid the McDonaldization of FUDCons

Yaakov Nemoy loupgaroublond at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 10:36:59 UTC 2009

Hey List,

As you can probably tell, i'm not actually being that serious here.  I
was talking to Max briefly about how we try to provide the same
t-shirt design each year at FUDCons in order to deliver consistency,
and to make sure that people feel like they are working on a global
scale.  The downside is that we essentially are 'McDonaldizing'
FUDCon.

Here's an idea. At each FUDCon we do something that's part of the
local tradition. Max pointed out that last year at Brno, there was a
Czech language lesson.  I'm trying to think of something we can do for
this year's FUDCon, aside from giving presentations in German.

Any thoughts? Any crazy German or Berliner traditions we should do?

-Yaakov