About the mentoring process (Was: Re: [Ambassadors] Question about Approval.)

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 15 16:32:37 UTC 2009

Hi,

> FAmSCo recently enacted a new sponsorship and mentoring process.
> Unfortunately this process is very new, and so there may be a bit of
> lag on the part of mentors. Also it's important to keep in mind that
> the people who are mentors are typically busy to begin with but we set
> timelines we have to meet to communicate with you, so don't worry it
> will happen, just may take some time.

About that, I suppose there is a procedure for accepting new mentors,
but I can't find it. Are they appointed by FAmSCo after years of good
and loyal service ?

I'm not saying that I myself feels suited to be a mentor. :)

However, if the mentorship process is new, and mentors are few, then
they might easily get swamped.

Particularly in LATAM /  EMEA, where we have very active communities,
I'm surprised to see only one / two mentors (and I'm sure there are
competent enough people to fulfill the role).

All I could find is:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mentors/NewMentors

However, this seems to relate to the more general Mentors program, not
the Ambassadors mentors:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mentors
(the list of people on this page is totally different from the list of
people on the Ambassadors/Join page, so I guess the 2 are not related)

Regards,