[Ambassadors] Re: Advise Me

Mon Jun 29 14:30:20 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 12:44 PM, Zaid Chauhan - Fedora
Ambassador<zaidchauhan at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> I have One Question whom to give Estimate of Event and when ,And
> reimbursement is done after event or before event,
>
> I am new so sorry if i ask some stupid questions but its responsibility so i
> need more clarification.
>
> what the procedure of all of these ?

<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Reimbursements> is the URL you are
looking for along with <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events> and,
<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/ReportingGuidelines>

Primarily, do ensure that you have at least a preliminary draft of
what you intend to achieve at the event and, how you will measure your
achievement.

A significant portion of material for an event viz. Banners,
Flyers/handouts, stickers etc are already available or, the basic
design is available. Since you'd be producing them locally, use them
to obtain an approximate cost of such items. That would form part of
your Event Budget. If you are looking for any special content, you
should be talking with the Marketing and Design teams so as to check
up on whether they can help you meet the requirement.

For any other query please use #fedora-india on irc.freenode.net as well.

~sankarshan

ps: wasn't this an offlist mail to Rahul and me that you brought on the list ?