[Ambassadors] [seminar] Conducted Linux Seminar at Ahmedabad Institute of Technology ( Engineering College)

Electromech electromech at electromech.info
Mon Mar 2 06:50:08 UTC 2009

Dear All,

I had conducted small Linux seminar at AIT college, Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
for 4th sem. engineering students.

Date : 26/02/09
Time : 3:30 to 5:00 PM
Total strength was 55 student.
Duration : 90 Minutes.

I presented and discussed following topic at seminar.

WHAT IS OPEN SOURCE ?
WHY OPEN SOURCE ?
OPEN SOURCE AND LINUX
ADVANTAGES OF OPEN SOURCE.
LIMITATION OF OPEN SOURCE.
OPEN SOURCE IN DEVELOPMENT
OPEN SOURCE IN ADMIN
OPEN SOURCE CLUSTER

Other than above lots of questions were asked from students.

#What make open source stable.
#Why Linux is almost free from Viruses.
#How we can get support for Linux.
#How can we get h/w drivers for Linux.
#Can we use ASP.NET and M$SQL with Linux ?

Some interesting short discussion on above questions.

/*As a Fedora ambassador I had distributed 55 Fedora10 DVDs on this
occasion.*/

Thanks to Management and the Technical staff of AIT college.

--
Nilesh Vaghela
ElectroMech