[Ambassadors] our wiki categories

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Tue Mar 10 17:13:37 UTC 2009

>> > That is a great question. ??I want to get some advise from our wiki
>> > czar, Ian Weller. ??I think it will be something similar to
>> > 'everlasting' or 'ongoing'. ??Many of us work e.g. regular LUG
>> > meetings, which are perfect examples of ongoing events.
>>
>> Any news on this question ?
>
> I'm thinking the definition of "Event" precludes this, and it should
> be a "Meeting" instead.  An event, at least by Fedora standards and
> budgeting, is really something that happens fairly infrequently, like
> once a year or quarter.  We budget funding for events, but generally
> many Ambassadors attend or hold meetings of local groups on their
> own.  For example, I have a nearby LUG that I attend regularly, but I
> don't list that as an event for Fedora to fund.

Well, I also think that LUG meetings are not really events...

This one is a little different, in the sense that it is an event
organized regularly by a local LUG. The target audience is _not_ LUG
members but rather the general public.

We also hold a round table on some subject in related to FOSS (last
week it was about the future french law).

In fact, it's exactly like an Install Party for a release, except that
it's happening once a month, and it groups several distributions.

Whether it qualifies as an "Event" or a "Meeting" doesn't really
matter, I'm just looking for the right category to use.

Of course, I could pick one and use it. But if everyone simply picks
one and uses it, we will have as much categories as we have pages...
:-/

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin