[Ambassadors] [X-post] #fedora-classroom, March 14, 0900 UTC/1430 IST

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 15:29:22 UTC 2009

Hi Scott!

--- 2009/3/13 scott mcbrien <smcbrien at gmail.com>:
| But I am still confused to the
| purpose of the presentation.  The title leads me to believe that your
| presentation is going to tell me what I need to do in order to participate
| in Fedora Projects, and towards the end of the presentation there is some
| information about Fedora.  The majority of the presentation seems to be
| geared towards netiquette and how one corresponds and presents oneself in
| the community.
\--

Yes!

---
|  If I were taking
| your class in the Fedora Classroom, I'd like to see more on the projects
| that are outlined as Sub Projects on the Wiki page, where I can go to find
| more information on the projects, and who I should contact if I want to be
| involved in each of the projects.  I'd also re-order the presentation to put
| these items first, then backfill your class time with some "Best Practices
| for Contributors".
\--

Sounds good! I will add the required slides on each of those sub-sections.

I was thinking more on the lines that we first introduce the do's and
dont's [1], and then lead them to the way of pointers/links as to whom
and where to contact for contribution to Fedora. It is like asking
people to do the prerequisites before doing the regular courses.

---
| I hope I've not insulted you with my criticism,
\--

Nah! Thanks for your honest feedback.

SK

[1] "... the code is more what you'd call 'guidelines' than actual rules."

--
Shakthi Kannan
http://www.shakthimaan.com