[Ambassadors] Event Report: Florida Linux Show

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Sun Mar 15 06:08:21 UTC 2009

Monday I attended the Florida Linux Show in Jacksonville. It was good
to see some of the ATL crowd, most notably Nick Ali and Josh Chase
from the Ubuntu Podcast. I also spent some time talking with Mark
Hinkle from Zenoss, I literally see him at ever show I attend. I also
saw Zonker as he was heading out. Rod Sharp told us they had around
400 attendees last year and hoped to have around the same number this
year. Unfortunately turnout looked to be around 30 if you unclude all
of the Ubuntu guys who were manning the booth. (yes that’s only two
decimal places) Since there were relatively few people in the talks, I
sat down and had a conversation with those who showed up to mine. The
facility was awesome, nice layout, relatively easy to find considering
it was held on a college campus.

All in all it was really disappointing.