[Ambassadors] mentorship, sponsorship, etc.

Morpheus . . morpheusv at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 17:28:55 UTC 2009

First the apologies of the case, if they find errors in my English.

Well I want to comment on the matter from the standpoint of a new ambassador
of Fedora, because I have 1 weeks that my application was approved.

There are many people who want to begin to join Fedora, but often can not
find how to start, I think if it is convenient to have mentors available to
help the newly initiated to give guidance, not necessarily the same country
as in my case in my country there was no ambassador, so far.
I think it would be very good to have documentation, that this reflected the
experience and knowledge of the ambassadors who have some time and assets.
That as said: "David Nalley, some of the greatest ambassadors have nothing
as a mentor and had to learn and build the current structure by trial and
error. Now we have the opportunity to become more efficient with training
and mentoring We do not have that opportunity? "

So I believe we must build on these experiences, and serve as a guide for
new ambassadors like me and so I think it helps to improve the quality of
new ambassadors, I think this is an improvement.

This is my small contribution.