[Ambassadors] mentorship, sponsorship, etc.

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 05:20:55 UTC 2009

Hi,

--- On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 3:24 AM, David Nalley <david at gnsa.us> wrote:
| Things that I can
| do in the US might not work in EMEA, etc.
\--

Agreed. But, some ideas/concepts brought in a region, could possibly
be useful in other regions as well [1]. We have to analyze it on a
case-by-case basis alone, and cannot make a generalized statement.

My thoughts on the Fedora Ambassador program:

* New joinees to Fedora Project should _not_ be given the title
'Fedora Ambassador'. You could address them as "Fedora Followers" or
"Fedora Admirer" or "Fedora Fan" or come up with a name! You could put
them under "observation" for 3-6 months before making them Fedora
Ambassadors.  And six months is sufficient time for them to decide and
do any work (documentation, artwork, packaging, code, testing, bug
triaging, advocacy, translation et. al.).

* Every six months, every Fedora Ambassadors' work can be reviewed,
and renewed. What is required is a measure to find out inactive
people. This is useful for Infrastructure to purge inactive accounts.
This could possibly be done every six months. And this is reasonable
enough time, for anyone to participate in the Fedora project. No
excuses!

Since, we have different channels of communication (wiki, mailing
lists, IRC) etc. any login or recent activity by a user could be
time-stamped. If no activity has been registered in the last six
months, Infrastructure could take their remedy measures.

Regards,

SK

[1] Pop Idol in UK. American Idol in US. Indian Idol in India.

--
Shakthi Kannan
http://www.shakthimaan.com