[Ambassadors] Fedora Certificate Projects

Abhradip Mukherjee abhradipmukherjee at gmail.com
Sun May 10 15:25:23 UTC 2009

This is Abhradip Mukherjee. Here in India (West Bengal) we have a strong
base. There are several students ready to jump into development fields. They
want to contribute and work for fedoraproject and GNU/Linux development at
large. I am thinking of starting a  fedora project to start certification
projects for such students. That will boost the movement a lot and will
encourage potential students to not only use free software but also develop
it.

I hope our FAM Steering Committee will allow me to proceed keeping in mind
the history of fedoraproject's contribution to free software movement. And I
also expect to not to receive something as short as "No you can't", instead
I hope to get a detailed explanation (if denied) and a chance to debate.

Also looking for comments by my fellow ambassadors.

-ADM
Fedora Ambassador
WB, India