[Ambassadors] Ontario Linux Fest

Karlie Robinson karlie_robinson at webpath.net
Mon Oct 12 13:40:13 UTC 2009

On 10/11/2009 02:59 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> http://marilyn.frields.org:8080/~paul/wordpress/?p=2794
>
> I happen to have been in touch lately with one of the organizers at
> Ontario Linux Fest[1] and, as a result, I'm interested in knowing who's
> planning on attending this event on behalf of Fedora.  I know that
> Jean-Francois Saucier owns the event as shown on our calendar but I'm
> wondering if there are any other Fedora community members attending.

Mel Chua and I will be giving talks [1] and Fedora will play in mine,
but it's not a formal Fedora Ambassador event for me.

In fact, it should be a very Red Hat/Fedora week for me.  GregDek, Mel
Chua and Luke Macken will be in Rochester between OnLinux and TOSS/FSOSS
to tour Rochester Institute of Technology to see what we've been doing
with Teaching Open Source and the FOSS development class that's in it's
second quarter.  [2+]

We're also trying to get a community event/meeting/mixer scheduled for
Oct 25 or 26th so we can get some more FOSS-tastic momentum in Rochester.

~Karlie

[1] http://onlinux.ca/talks/edu
[2+] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Math4Team
http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/RIT