[Ambassadors] Equipment Purchase - Possible Conflict of Interest

I just threw Paul Frields a curve ball earlier this evening and he wisely pointed me to ask the list so everybody can refer to it back later. My question is (more or less) like this, "Are we allowed to spend a portion of our event budget on equipment?" I'm thinking to get our local group a cheap inkjet printer to handle our desktop printing needs like sticker labels/brochures/flyers/signages for an upcoming event - SFD2009[1].

Now what prompted me to pop the question?
To add to the first question - has anybody been on the same situation I'm now in? Any advice?

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/SFD2009
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/SFD2009#Event_Dashboard

--
Heherson Pagcaliwagan