[Ambassadors] Event: RPI Center for Open Source talk about Fedora

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Tue Jan 5 21:21:41 UTC 2010

On Tue, 5 Jan 2010, Máirín Duffy wrote:

> I just wanted to shout out that I'll be giving a talk about Fedora at
> Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) in Troy, NY on February 5. The
> abstract for my talk is as follows:
>
> "How to get involved in an open source Linux operating system: Fedora
>
> "Fedora is a Linux-based operating system that showcases the latest in
> free and open source software. Fedora is always free for anyone to
> use, modify, and distribute. It is built by people across the globe
> who work together as an open community that welcomes anyone to join.
> Mairin Duffy, an RPI CS alum from Red Hat, will talk about what makes
> Fedora different from other Linux-based operating systems and how you
> can get involved in Fedora."

This is awesome!

How much of your content do you have together?  Do you have a particular
angle that you're going to pursue for your talk?  Is there anything that
we can do to assist you?

Also, do you need any sort of swag?  If so, you should coordinate w/ the
NA Ambassadors to get your hands on some.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/NA#Get_SWAG

I have a bunch of Fedora buttons, some of which I can mail you, separate
from anything else.

--Max