Cooperative Bug Isolation for FC6

Ben Liblit liblit at cs.wisc.edu
Thu Oct 26 01:26:28 UTC 2006

The Cooperative Bug Isolation Project (CBI) is now available for Fedora
Core 6.  CBI (http://www.cs.wisc.edu/cbi/) is an ongoing research effort
to find and fix bugs in the real world.  We distribute specially
modified versions of popular open source software packages.  These
special versions monitor their own behavior while they run, and report
back how they work (or how they fail to work) in the hands of real users
like you.  Even if you’ve never written a line of code in your life, you
can help make things better for everyone simply by using our special
bug-hunting packages.

We currently offer instrumented versions of Evolution, Gaim, The GIMP,
GNOME Panel, Gnumeric, Nautilus, Rhythmbox, and SPIM.  Download at
<http://www.cs.wisc.edu/cbi/downloads/>.  We support yum, apt, and many
other RPM updater tools; see
<http://www.cs.wisc.edu/cbi/downloads/repo-config.html> for customized
configuration help for any of our supported distributions and updater
tools.  Or just download and install
<http://www.cs.wisc.edu/cbi/downloads/rpm/fedora-6-i386/RPMS.tools/cbi-package-config-6-4.i386.rpm>
to automatically configure most popular RPM updaters to use the CBI
repository.

It's that easy!  Tell your friends!  Tell your neighbors!  The more of
you there are, the more bugs we can find.

We still offer CBI packages for Fedora Core 1/2/4/5 too.  When and if
you decide to upgrade to FC6, we'll be ready for you.  Until then, your
participation remains valuable!

-- Dr. Ben, the CBI guy