Announcing Fedora 8 Test 2 (7.91)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Sep 13 14:30:50 UTC 2007

Batten down the hatches, Fedora 8 Test 2 spotted just over the port
side bow!

A veritable "sea" of choices await you in this release.  First up is
the "Fedora" installable 'choose your own adventure' style set of isos
and trees for i386, x86_64, and ppc(64).  Next up we have a variety of
Live images:

 * Fedora Live (i686, x86_64, ppc) - A good general use Desktop live
image.  i686 even fits on a CD!

 * Fedora KDE Live (i686, x86_64) - A Desktop based on the KDE software
suite.  i686 even fits on a CD!

 * Fedora Developer Live (i686) - A Live image designed for software
developers.

 * Fedora Electronic Lab (FEL) Live (i686) - A live image designed for
engineers working on electronics.  Fits on a CD!

Remember that these Live images can be used on USB meida via the
'livecd-iso-to-disk' utility available in the livecd-tools package.

Test 2 is for "beta" users.  This is the time where we have more
features in a "testable" state where the more people using them and the
more feedback we get the better.  So please help us make Fedora 8 as
good as we can!

Release Notes
=============================
Work in progress release notes for this test release can be found in
the Fedora wiki: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F8Test2/ReleaseNotes

Road Map And Release Schedule
=============================
This is the second test release of the Fedora 8 release, which
is scheduled for November 8, 2007.

For further information see http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/8/

How to get it:
=============
DVD and network installation are available. We also offer a few
different varieties of installable Live media.

http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora.html

For those of you already running rawhide, all you need to do is yum update.
You may already have packages newer than Test 2 installed.

Bug reporting and tracking:
The Release Engineering and QA teams keep track of bugs that are
considered release blockers. You can see that list here:
http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/showdependencytree.cgi?id=F8Blocker

In addition, a list of non-blocker bugs that should be fixed for Fedora
8 if possible can be found here:
http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/showdependencytree.cgi?id=F8Target

Please check these lists before reporting new bugs!

--
Jesse Keating