December 2008 Fedora Board election results

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 15:21:13 UTC 2008

Election Results for Fedora Board, Fedora 11 Release Cycle

Voting Period: 07 December 2008 00:00:00 UTC to 20 December 2008
23:59:59 UTC

Nominations:

* Bill Nottingham (notting)
* David Cantrell (dcantrell)
* Dimitris Glezos (glezos)
* Jon Stanley (jds2001)
* Josh Boyer (jwb)
* Matt Domsch (mdomsch)
* Michael DeHaan (mpdehaan)

Outcomes:

As defined in the election text, the two (2) candidate(s) with the
greatest number of votes will be elected for a full, 2 release term.

Information:

At close of voting there were:
227 valid ballots

Using the Fedora Range Voting method, each candidate could attain a
maximum of 1589 votes (7*227).

Results:

1. Bill Nottingham (notting)	993
2. Matt Domsch (mdomsch)	962
*****
3. Dimitris Glezos (glezos)	816
4. Michael DeHaan (mpdehaan)	742
5. Jon Stanley (jds2001)	691
6. Josh Boyer (jwb)		685
7. David Cantrell (dcantrell)	574

As such, Bill Nottingham and Matt Domsch are elected to the Fedora
Board for a 2 release term.

I'd like to thank our community for participating in the election,
Matt Domsch for his assistance in scheduling town hall meetings for
the candidates, and Nigel Jones for his work in setting up and
administering the voting process.

* * * * *

There are a few individuals under consideration for the final
appointed Board seat.  This appointment is made after elections are
completed to balance the Board's composition, and represent the entire
Fedora community as much as possible.  Although this appointment is
ultimately up to the Fedora Project Leader to decide, generally the
FPL discusses the appointments with others to achieve a consensus.

Because of the impending holidays, the timing of election returns, and
lower availability of some Red Hat employees due to both the calendar
and recent inclement weather in Westford, I will be delaying the last
appointment until after the holidays, so that I have an opportunity to
talk with people whose opinions I value.

Since the Board does not meet again until after the New Year, the
current (pre-election) Board will have its final meeting at the public
IRC gathering scheduled for Tuesday, January 6.  The next meeting of
the Board, on Tuesday, January 13, will be the first meeting of the
new Board.