FUDCon Berlin 2009

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Tue Feb 17 18:11:36 UTC 2009

Hi there Fedorans,

In September 2008, we had an excellent FUDCon in Brno (credit to the
local team there, led by Radek Vokal, who helped to make the event
happen.  Feedback about FUDCon Brno was all incredibly positive, and
we'll bring FUDCon back to Brno for sure.  However, the one thing that
we heard was to make sure that we move the event around Europe, to
encourage folks from all over the region to attend.

Therefore, the Fedora Project is pleased to announce that our next
Fedora Users and Developers Conference (FUDCon) will take place in
Berlin from June 26 - 28, 2009.

This year in Berlin, we are partnering with LinuxTag -- one of the
largest FOSS events in Europe -- to help make FUDCon happen this year.

LinuxTag takes place from Wednesday June 24 - Saturday June 27, and
FUDCon will take place from Friday the 26th - Sunday the 28th, meaning
that there will be two days of overlap during which a large number of
people who would otherwise never attend a FUDCon will have a chance to
see Fedora up close, and in great detail.

FUDCon will consist of:

  * pre-scheduled technical and user-focused talks on Friday and
Saturday.

  * a "BarCamp" on one of the days of the event.

  * two days of hackfests, focusing on Fedora 12 and upstream projects
that are important to the Fedora Project.

  * a social event.

===

The purpose of this message is:

(0) To give people general information about this year's event.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Berlin_2009

(1) To encourage people to pre-register for the event, because this
helps us tremendously with our planning.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDConBerlin2009_attendees

We are working on a hotel deal that will allow us to have a huge block
of double rooms at a reasonable price.  Please stay tuned for lodging
information regarding FUDCon.

(2) To ask that anyone who is interested in giving a talk at FUDCon sign
up.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon_Berlin_and_LinuxTag_2009_talks

===

I think that the wiki pages are pretty clear, and I hope that this email
has been informative as well.  If there are any questions about FUDCon,
or about anything related to Fedora or community activities in the EMEA
region, please don't hesitate to send me an email.

Thanks,
Max