[fedora-arm] Cross-Compilers for ARM

Manas Saksena msaksena at marvell.com
Tue Jul 17 21:38:18 UTC 2007

DJ Delorie wrote:

>  > If you punt on bootstrapping
>
> Keep in mind that our group specializes in cross compiling, so
> bootstrapping is not something we usually punt ;-)

What I meant was that you dont have to use the same SRPMs to do
the initial bootstrap. That makes your SRPMs a bit-cleaner and
they dont have to be cluttered with "bootstrap" special case.

And, once you have built your initial toolchain, you can use
that to bootstrap subsequent builds. Only occasionally, you
have to and do a full bootstrap all over again.

Regards,
Manas