[fedora-arm] Welcome to the Fedora-ARM mailing list

Lennert Buytenhek buytenh at wantstofly.org
Fri Jun 22 20:52:30 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jun 22, 2007 at 01:22:37PM -0700, Manas Saksena wrote:

> As many of you know, Lennert has been developing unofficial
> Fedora ports for ARM for a while --- a real long while!

My first Fedora ARM port was that of Fedora Core 2, which seems
like ages ago now.

I wasn't the first, though -- before I built my first ARM RPM (and
even before I got involved with the ARM Linux port), the Netwinder
project (http://netwinder.org) produced an ARM port of Red Hat 9.

Also, Russell King (the ARM Linux kernel maintainer) runs a
homebuilt version of Fedora on some of his ARM machines, and
some of our patches are based on his patches.