[fedora-arm] status of patches for rawhide

Manas Saksena msaksena at marvell.com
Sun Jun 24 01:31:59 UTC 2007

Lennert Buytenhek wrote:
> I went through most of our FC6 patches, and for each of them, checked
> whether they would still be needed in rawhide, re-based them, and
> submitted them to the upstream project (for non-packaging related
> patches) and/or to RH bugzilla.

That's awesome. I think we need to begin our integration with Koji
build system -- the sooner the better. It is still early in the F8
release cycle, and so I would like for us to get things done before the
release pressure starts hitting everyone.

So, the question is -- what does it take to do this integration. My
(limited) understanding is:

1. There were some changes being made to Koji to support secondary
    architectures and bootstrapping. I have cc'ed Denis and Prarit,
    who, as I understand, were working on it.

2. I think it would be useful to have a branch in CVS to (hopefully
    temporarily) hold our patches, so that we can build in Koji. Is it
    possible to get that done and provide CVS access to Lennert? Are
    there any issues with that?

3. What access is needed for us to do the builds under Koji?

Anything else?

Thanks
Manas