[fedora-arm] activity

Rabeeh Khoury rabeeh at marvell.com
Sat Nov 17 12:02:08 UTC 2007

> This is good news. I was going to ask the same question. There's a lot
> of SOHO NAS boxes coming out that run on the ARM architecture like the
> DNS-323 ( http://wiki.dns323.info/ ) that have a reasonable speed
> processor, some ram/flash etc that would be a good target for a mini
> fedora distro.

The processor that drives this box is a Marvell SoC 88F5181. There are
other NAS boxes that are driven by Marvell SoC 88F5182.
Since the Linux kernel is completely GPLed, you can boot to a small
firmware like U-Boot and then boot completely off the hard drive.
Doing that you can start with small Fedora distro and then 'yum install'
other packages.