[fedora-arm] Secondary Arch Status reports

Manas Saksena manas.saksena at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 07:56:26 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 5:57 AM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> In an effort to get a better understanding of how the Secondary Arch work
> is progresing in Fedora, FESCo would like to get some information on how
> things currently are, what work is being done, etc.
>
> To start with, a brief recap of where your Arch is at compared to the
> primary arches would be great.  Feel free to highlight any hurdles that
> are in the way, etc.
>
> Ideally, we'd like to get this information about once a month in a brief
> status report.  For now there is nothing formal required.  Our hope is that
> as we continue to grow in this area, we can better coordinate with the other
> Fedora groups (like Rel-Eng) and make sure we have smooth Secondary Arch
> releases, etc.
>
> Thanks for you time and I look forward to hearing from you.
>
> josh

For ARM architecture...

We had a reasonably complete F8 build, but the project stalled after that
and we never built F9, although many of the patches that were needed to
build successfully made it into the fedora cvs.

We are now in the process of building F10 packages, and hopefully will
catch up with the current development.

We are not yet integrated into the secondary-arch infrastructure. Not sure
what the state of the secondary-arch infrastructure support (koji etc.) is, &
what will be needed to integrate into it.

Regards,
Manas