Re: [fedora-arm] Fedora 10/ARM?

People,

Kedar Sovani wrote:
On Fri, 2008-12-05 at 18:39 +0100, Lennert Buytenhek wrote:
On Fri, Dec 05, 2008 at 11:11:09AM +0530, Kedar Sovani wrote:

With the announcement of Fedora-10, I am sure people would want to know
whether anyone is building F10 packages for ARM.
I have been doing just that. So far I have built a set of basic packages
(including gcc) that boots F10 on ARM. These packages are, for now,
built on an F8 build root. Once I have rpm-build built for F10, I could
rebuild all the packages on an F10 build root. And then make the rpms
available somewhere.
Ok, I now have the build closure with rpm-build available for F10. Thus
far, I have upwards of 450 rpms built for F10 (on an F8 root).
I have now started re-buildling these rpms on F10. While building rpms
on the F10 root, one problem that I see is some binaries keep crashing.
I could narrow down the problem to "-fstack-protector" option to gcc. If
I do not pass that option, things work fine. Else, I see the binary
seg-faulting. Is anyone aware of a known issues with gcc-4.3 on ARM, as
far as stack protector is concerned?

Kedar,

Can you try whether the fix for gcc PR35965 resolves this?  E.g.
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2008-06/msg01641.html .

Great! This patch worked.
thanks,
Lennert

/me fires package rebuilds with the patched gcc...

With Kedar's work, does that mean it would be possible to get F10 going on the Openmoko devices now?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades