[fedora-arm] Re: Fedora 8/ARM available

Rabeeh Khoury rabeeh at marvell.com
Tue Feb 26 12:12:35 UTC 2008

> > Cool!  Is there any place that documents the changes necessary for
> > 2.3 so that we can also provide a (separate) set of 2.3 rpms for F8?
>
> Should in theory just be
>
> http://people.redhat.com/caolanm/patches/workspace.armoabiport01.patch
> +
> http://people.redhat.com/caolanm/patches/workspace.armeabi01.patch
>
> Though if OOo fails to register components or start up then you
> might need to make additional changes to some makefile.mks that
> reference "VERSIONMAP" to reuse the i386 map files for arm, all of
> which was fixed up for 2.4. I don't remember if its strictly necessary
> to fix that in 2.3 or not.

I resolved most of the F8-update openoffice srpm build dependencies and still the 'prelink package'.
I applied your two patches to the build but I'm failing on 'regcomp.bin' both in %build and %install where it's eating all the memory and at the end being killed for out of memory.
Did you have the same behavior? Can you please provide some lines what 'regcomp' does in the build and how to start debugging this?

My system has 512MB DDR and 4GB swap. So there should be plenty of memory to build that.

Thanks,
Rabeeh