[fedora-arm] Just bought new WD MyBook and wish to install Fedora on it :)

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 17:06:31 UTC 2008

Hello All!
Subj.

I read HOWTO describing process of installing Debian on it, and found
something which confused me:

http://www.ismprofessional.net/pascucci/documenti/mybook/mybook-hacking-en.html

=====================
...Fedora has a porting project for ARM platforms, but there is a
problem: only EABI is supported, and EABI requires GCC version 4 or
newer. The GCC versio 4.x is affected by a bug with floating point
emulation in cross compiling, so it's impossible to generate a kernel
for Mybook with EABI support with cross compilation.
=====================

This war written in 2007, and possibly things changed since then.  In
any case, MyBook has the following parameters:

[root at MyBookWorld ~]# cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor       : ARM926EJ-Sid(wb) rev 5 (v5l)
BogoMIPS        : 99.73
Features        : swp half thumb fastmult edsp java
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 5TEJ
CPU variant     : 0x0
CPU part        : 0x926
CPU revision    : 5
Cache type      : write-back
Cache clean     : cp15 c7 ops
Cache lockdown  : format C
Cache format    : Harvard
I size          : 32768
I assoc         : 4
I line length   : 32
I sets          : 256
D size          : 32768
D assoc         : 4
D line length   : 32
D sets          : 256

Hardware        : Oxsemi NAS
Revision        : 0000
Serial          : 0000000000000000
[root at MyBookWorld ~]# uname -a
Linux MyBookWorld 2.6.17.14 #1 PREEMPT Fri Jan 18 10:40:25 GMT 2008
armv5tejl GNU/Linux
[root at MyBookWorld ~]#

Is it possible to install Fedora on it? If not, how can I help?

--
With best regards!