[fedora-arm] Just bought new WD MyBook and wish to install Fedora on it :)

Rabeeh Khoury rabeeh at marvell.com
Sun Sep 7 07:31:02 UTC 2008

> Hello All!

Hi
> =====================
> ...Fedora has a porting project for ARM platforms, but there is a
> problem: only EABI is supported, and EABI requires GCC version 4 or
> newer. The GCC versio 4.x is affected by a bug with floating point
> emulation in cross compiling, so it's impossible to generate a kernel
> for Mybook with EABI support with cross compilation.
> =====================

I'm not sure about those. I recall use gcc 3.4.3 that supported EABI
without issues.
Besides that I don't recall any issues with GCC 4.x that it can't build
the kernel floating point emulation code.
Do you have pointers for such issues?

I recommend cross compiling a kernel with GCC 4.x toolchains and trying
it yourself.

> Is it possible to install Fedora on it? If not, how can I help?

Just make sure that EABI is supported by the kernel, since you are using
LK 2.6.17.x then you should be ok.
Afterwards read and follow the details on -

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM