[fedora-arm] successful bootstrap of gcc-java

Andrew Haley aph at redhat.com
Wed Apr 1 08:47:43 UTC 2009

Robert Nelson wrote:
>> make check-target-libjava would be nice.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Andrew.
>>

> Thanks Andrew for the response, it's still running thru the full
> test-suite since I restarted it monday morning. I pulled the java
> tests portion from the log and posted it here (1).  Somethings tested
> correctly other things failed to run:
>
> === libjava Summary ===
>
> # of expected passes		2553
> # of unexpected failures	5
> # of untested testcases		4
>
> &

In the libjava buid directory there will be a file called libjava.log.  Please
keep that.

Throw_2 is a specially-written test to detect targets that don't catch
segfaults.  I don't think this work has been done for ARM, so it's expected.
events is part of the JVMTI testing.  It's not crticial.

This is a good set of test results.

> `/home/voodoo/rpmbuild/BUILD/gcc-4.3.2-20081105/obj-armv5tel-redhat-linux-gnueabi/armv5tel-redhat-linux-gnueabi/libjava'
> make[1]: *** [check-target-libjava] Error 2
> make[2]: Entering directory
>
> Is there an easy way to run check-target-libjava, from the built
> *.rpm's on another machine? I have a couple other beagleboard's that
> don't have the memory (128Mb) to rebuild everything (in less then a
> week), but they can run the testsuites?

You can do this, but it's difficult.  It would take a significant
amount of work to set it all up.

Andrew.