[fedora-arm] Beagleboard questions

Robert Nelson robertcnelson at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 21:15:42 UTC 2009

Hello Rob

> The kernel booted but it had problems to mount root "Cannot open
> /dev/mmcblk0p2" although the drivers for SD/MMC are included
> when I use make menuconfig.
> I googled around and found the following kernel config:
> http://rcn-ee.homeip.net:81/dl/omap/beagle/v2.6.29-58cf2f1-oer31.1/defconfig
> With this config file root was mounted and after adding entries
> for /dev/ttyS2 in /etc/event.d/ I could login with guest and then su.
>
> Unfortunately, the USB HOST connector does not work. No USB device
> is recognized (even after reboot).
> What kernel config file and kernel version should I use?

Two things, make sure you use a USB 2.0 Hub, the ehci port is "hi
speed only" and the ehci/usb is broken for the beagle upstream, it
might finally make it upstream in 2.6.32...

Use this uImage for the time being:
http://www.rcn-ee.com/deb/kernel/CC-beagle-v2.6.29-58cf2f1-oer40.5
Patch from git sha 58cf2f1 of tmlind's tree:
http://rcn-ee.homeip.net:81/dl/omap/beagle/v2.6.29-58cf2f1-oer40.5/v2.6.29-58cf2f1-oer40.5.diff
Defconfig: http://rcn-ee.homeip.net:81/dl/omap/beagle/v2.6.29-58cf2f1-oer40.5/defconfig

Regards,

--