[fedora-arm] Beagleboard questions

Robert Schien robsch at robsch.eu
Mon Aug 24 19:02:25 UTC 2009

Hello Robert,

> Two things, make sure you use a USB 2.0 Hub, the ehci port is "hi
> speed only" and the ehci/usb is broken for the beagle upstream, it
> might finally make it upstream in 2.6.32...

does it mean that that only the OTG port can be used?
I tried to connect the upstream part of an USB 2.0 hub to the
beagleboard with the help of an USB mini A/B -> USB A
adapter cable.
Unfortunately, the beagle gets no power with this setup.
Do the upstream parts of a USB 2.0 hub (the part you
usually connect with the PC) supply power (the hub is
selfpowered with an external power adapter) or
only the "client" ports where you plugin your
peripherals? I have tried with another 2.0 hub
with the same result.
I googled a lot about this topic but it didn't
bocome clear to me.

Thanks in advance again
Robert