[fedora-arm] Fedora on ARM netbooks?

Robert Nelson robertcnelson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 23:26:04 UTC 2009

>> I currently have one setup running 24/7 with ssh access available to
>> developers, it's currently building native kernels (beagleboard,
>> omap-3evm, etc) for all the debian variants i work with (debian, mojo,
>> ubuntu) each in a separate chroot.
>>
>> I'm in the process* of adding fedora chroot's, (with an end goal of
>> attempting to build an armv7 variant using the koji build system).
>>
>> * rootfilesystem runs native on the beagle, now just to make the chroot work...
>
> Could I possibly get an account on yours? Are there any tasks on which
> other Fedora developers can help?

Sure, I can give you one Michel.  Please send me a private email with,
user+pass for ssh access, and i'll reply with connection details.

Just got the chroot working this afternoon, and kinda messed it a bit
up already. (I have way more experience with debian systems.)

But i'll setup an additional (untouched) chroot for fedora-10, based
off the initial tar.bz2 image.  (fedora-8 if people want)

Current Issues: arch is reported as armv7l, so rpm needs --ignorearch
when installing armv5el*** packages.

yum (installed version) needs this patch:
http://lists.baseurl.org/pipermail/yum-commits/2009-January/003137.html
; which is in fc11.

Regards

--