[fedora-arm] Fedora-ARM Koji Setup

Michel Salim michel.sylvan at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 16:22:46 UTC 2009

Hi Kedar,

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 4:14 AM, Kedar Sovani <kedars at marvell.com> wrote:
> We are in the process of setting up a koji Shadow Build server for
> shadowing builds from the main Fedora Build server.
>
> It can be reached here:
> http://fedora-arm.wantstofly.org/koji
>
> Once setup it should greatly help in keeping up with the latest builds.
> I'll drop a note once it is up and functional.

Is the idea that Fedora developers do not have to issue builds for ARM
manually, and the shadow server will just attempt a build everytime a
build is attempted for, say, Fedora 10?

Speaking for myself, I'd be interested in making sure my packages work
fine on ARM -- Robert Nelson has kindly given me an account on his
test machine -- and it would be nice to be able to issue scratch
builds for ARM only, and once fixed, commit the changes upstream so
that the next build is ARM compliant out of the box.

With that in mind, it would be nice if Fedora developers get to issue
builds on the ARM machine. Perhaps eventually integrate it with the
Fedora Authentication System, though that might be a lot of work
(RPMfusion still maintains a separate auth system, AFAIK)

Thanks,

--
miʃel salim  •  http://hircus.jaiku.com/
IUCS         •  msalim at cs.indiana.edu