[fedora-arm] Ok, my ARM machine works quite well, but how can I help you?

Jiri Pirko jpirko at redhat.com
Fri Jun 26 11:13:08 UTC 2009

Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 10:19:29AM CEST, kedars at marvell.com wrote:
> [...]
I vote for this variant. I think we should generate as small packages as we can,
not one-big-rpm-that-contains-everything. We must keep in mind we are in most
cases in the embedded world :)

>2. create a single kernel rpm with multiple images stored within it?
>3. forget the kernel rpm, let each board have its own pre-built kernel binary available? Since anyway most of the people will probably burn the kernel separately on the flash?
Hmm, I would like to have rpm. IMHO it's the clean way of doing this. Even if
the rpm only "carries" the kernel and user must install it by hand. But I can
imagine boards where the kernel is in the "constant" place and rpm can be used
to actually install it.

Jirka