[fedora-arm] New to the list

Frank ultima.ratio.regum69 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 21:44:34 UTC 2009

I agree with you about the beagleboard but two two others things will
be available in a few months.
A low-cost netbook (200$) with freescale platform (before this summer
it seems and with ubuntu-arm i believe) and a similar thing with
qualcomm (don't know when). This two products will be less "geeky"
than beagleboard and more usable (or attractive) for the average joe.

As you said, the big trouble with ARM is, except instructions set, a
lot of things change from one CPU to another : GPU, SIMD, ...
It remember me the old days of first PC GPU : an API from each
manufacturer. It may be a drawback in a near future as i'm not sure
mplayer, xorg, openssl, ... can use these SoC at their full potential.

Regards,

Frank