[fedora-arm] SELinux on F11 on ARM (in QEMU)?

Per Nystrom pnystrom at netmagic.net
Wed Oct 21 05:51:23 UTC 2009

Hello,

I am having one heck of a time getting SELinux working on ARM in QEMU.
I compiled the 2.6.31.4 kernel following the instructions here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/HowToQemu#Build_Kernel_Image_From_Source

And I added these lines to the .config:

CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX=y
CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_BOOTPARAM=y
CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_BOOTPARAM_VALUE=1
CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_DISABLE=y
CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_DEVELOP=y
CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_AVC_STATS=y
CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_CHECKREQPROT_VALUE=1

And I used menuconfig to switch on Auditing support, Security labels for
ext[234].

During boot I see this message, so I know there's at least *something*
in there:

SELinux:  Initializing.

I also see selinuxfs in /proc/filesystems.

But it doesn't seem to actually be working:

[root at fedora-arm ~]# sestatus -v
SELinux status:                 disabled

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Per