[fedora-arm] agetty in ttyS0 on the sheevaplug

Amey Inamdar amey at marvell.com
Tue Sep 1 04:46:08 UTC 2009

> Luckily I tried to ssh into it, and the sheevaplug password worked.
> Maybe the event.d/serial is broken only in that
> rootfs-f10-sheevaplug.tar.bz2.

The event.d/ttyS0 was added in the rootfs-f10-sheevaplug.tar.bz2 to support the default kernel (patched 2.6.22.8, IIRC). If you are using the standard kernel, you need to remove  /etc/event.d/ttyS0. This is mentioned as a note on http://openplug.org/plugwiki/index.php/Fedora-ARM-10_Plug_Computer_Distribution#Downloading_RFS

HTH.

Thanks,
Amey