License for Community Contributed Art?

Hi Greg,

Currently all Bluecurve theme art contained in Fedora is under the GPL. This however might not be the best license for art contributions to Fedora. Karsten Wade suggested maybe the OPL that we use for Fedora Documentation would be good for Fedora Art. Tango Project is using CC attribution share-alike license.

Could you please talk to legal and figure out the best license for Fedora Art contributions?

And do we want Bluecurve to remain under the GPL? Some art contributors were interested in submitting new icons in the Bluecurve theme, so we need to think about how we handle this as we grow the art community.

Thanks,
Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com