Re: CD Artwork

On Thursday 06 April 2006 10:11, Lisa Lu Davidson <llu redhat com> wrote:
> Patrick,
>
> > If you want to tackle materials that go along with packaging and
> > labelling, we really don't have much.  Beyond the logo and artwork on the
> > website and the basic artwork for labelling DVD media, we really don't
> > have much of anything. For example, we have nothing for box art.  The
> > Marketing project can always use new artwork, too.  We can use
> > presentations, brochures, hand-outs, banners, etc.  If you want specific
> > suggestions, try the project's mailing list.
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing
>
> I took a quick look at the url you provided. Didn't see a full list of
> artwork we need. Is there a wiki page for that?
>
> I'm not sure you are the right person to ask or not. If not, let me know
> who the right person to talk to?

There is no single compiled list of materials.  That's something we might
develop with this project.  We really don't have very much at this point, so
you're welcome to contribute whatever sort of artwork you feel comfortable
with creating.  The fedora-marketing-list mailing list would be a good place
to ask for ideas or for what other people are currently feeling a need for.

Of course, in a addition to marketing materials, any backgrounds, icons or
other artwork for the distribution would be welcome.  There's always room for
improvement over our existing themes.  Hopefully we'll gather enough mass
around this project to develop a portal for artwork.  A gallery solution is
currently on the task list of the Fedora Websites project, but there isn't
yet an ETA for that.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites

If you have any ideas you think you want to tackle, you can always ask for
feedback on this list.  If you need a place to post your artwork for others
to review, let us know and we'll make it happen.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 n-man com

http://www.n-man.com/