Re: Future of Bluecurve & Partial Bluecurve Guidelines Available (was Re: bluecurve)

On Apr 7, 2006, at 11:55 PM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
It's my hope that we don't end up using the Tango icons if Bluecurve gets ditched, though. I think we need our own look.

It's interesting to see what the Ubuntu crowd is doing here

 https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DapperUbuntuIcons

including the ten priority levels... Anyway, I bet that if you replaced, say, the 50 (just to pick a number) "most important" or "most visible" [1] icons with Fedora specific ones, I bet you can still maintain our own look and/or brand while reaping all the benefits of the Tango project. Definitely something to consider I'd say.

    David

[1] : like the audio volume, computer, folder, drive/media/cdrom icons, gnome-power-manager icons [2], NetworkManager icons [3] to start with (I'm not particular fond of the g-p-m nor the NM tangofied icons...)

[2] : http://jimmac.musichall.cz/i.php?i=PowerManager

[3] : http://jimmac.musichall.cz/i.php?i=NetworkManager