DNA Wallpaper idea

seawolf iamseawolf at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 10:01:09 UTC 2006

On 31/07/06, Máirín Duffy <duffy at redhat.com> wrote:
> Do you have any ideas for the background? There's a lot of analogies you
> could draw between DNA (a biological 'code') and software... plus
> analogies you can draw between how open source software works (kind of
> heritage/genealogical thing going on with distros 'inheriting' things
> from different upstreams) and DNA being passed on down through a family.
>
> I was thinking maybe a stream of DNA strands coming from the right
> fading into 1's and 0's on the left... maybe highlighting the f's in the
> strands along the way...

I did think about the 1 0 idea but that might look a bit cliché
because of th "Matrix" thing. I'll give it a pop anyways and see how
it goes.

Like the strands on your idea (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/37183342/).

Really, the backgrounds could be:
[1] 1/0, [2] computer evolution image manip. somehow [3] a KDESVN icon
style have-that-bit-from-there-and-that-form-over-there lines drawing
(see http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/5424/kdesvnlogo1kb0.png)

Again, more playing X-D

--
       ..// seawolf //..