New Icon Set...[echo]...

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Aug 4 13:21:46 UTC 2006

Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Diana Fong wrote:
>> Maybe someone with .svg skills can help slim down the files.
>

> Is possible to greatly reduce the size even without any svg skills, here
> is one example: accessories-calculatorL.svg has 491.5 KB, open it in
> Inkscape, select all, copy and paste in a new document, optionally a
> little ungrouping and grouping and vacuum defs and the result is a
> 52.4KB - http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/echo/accessories-calculatorL_1.svg

Well, how about 14.4 KB for the same image? I'll say *a lot* better...
http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/echo/accessories-calculatorL_2.svg

I deleted all buttons except one, grouped the two shapes (white button
face and its shadow), used "clone" to create the other buttons, unlinked
the clone for the "enter" key, adjusted its shape (bigger height),
vacuum defs and saved.

Conclusion: clone usage can be a real file size saver (coupled with
vacuuming unused definitions).

--
nicu