Preview of new scaled down icons (was Re: New Icon Set...[echo]...)

Diana Fong dfong at redhat.com
Fri Aug 11 16:00:02 UTC 2006

Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Diana Fong wrote:
>> The ones I had uploaded were...dialog-cancel/close/ok...of the
>> "Action Icons" category.  All Action Icons should be of  a straight
>> on perspective.
>
> Is this guideline anywhere on the page? Is this a Tango guideline? Can
> we link to it or add a note about it? What other icon types need
> straight-on for 24 x 24?

It's not a Tango guideline...at least I don't remember reading it on
their site.  I did note it in my very first message in the "New Icon
Set...[echo]..." email
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2006-August/msg00010.html
Sure, feel free to add a link/note about it.

I did not have a hard rule for any of the other 24x24 icon
types...Originally I had thought that the emotion icons would be
straight on...but they're circular...so it's pretty much a circle
regardless...I think what Luya has done is pretty good in terms of
perspectives.

Maybe the weather ones...I dunno...it might work to flatten the 24 but I
can't really say till I've either made or see someone make a few...so
far I only have pieces: sun, clouds, one rain drop, and a snow
flake...still playing around with it.

Lastly...emblems...was thinking about this recently...would like some
feedback when the .tar goes out this week.  Right now the emblems
created are at an angle...but should not be difficult to convert if we
find that it doesn't work.  I will be posting them in a bit.

Diana