Fedora Core 6 splash

Thomas Canniot thomas.canniot at laposte.net
Mon Aug 14 07:15:46 UTC 2006

Le lundi 14 août 2006 à 00:08 -0400, Máirín Duffy a écrit :
> Thomas Canniot wrote:
> > THE default wallpaper ? :)
> >
> > Would it be possible to have the banner in .xcf format with filters so
> > we could translate the text and put it everywhere on the local web
> > please?
>
> Well...
>
> 1) A decision hasn't been made about the default theme elements and I'm
> not sure when that call will be made (but it should be soon as the
> release date is getting closer and closer.) If enough people on this
> list say they like something, though, it will help;

Great.

> 2) The engineers prefer that the wallpapers/theme don't mention the
> release number. This is in case for the release afterwards, if there
> isn't artwork available, the default wallpaper isn't for the old release
> number. :) A wallpaper I did way back for FC3 [1] was rejected for this
> reason :-p The text translation issue is also another good reason to
> avoid release-specific artwork, although does 'Core n' get translated?

'Core n' is not translated, but I think that now the absence of artwork
for a release is no more a problem. As long as you had time to make a
release-numbered wallpaper, why not using it ? It will preserve our
stock of neutral wallpaper :

http://www.isity.net/blog/?cat=7
http://pookstar.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=0

and some other I don't have right away.

> I'm curious why you mentioned XCF as a translatable format? Do you have
> experience with this? The artwork is currently in SVG (there is a
> 'download' link in deviant art you can grab the SVG from - the link
> doesn't stick out very well :-p) so you might be able to get away with
> doing a sed replace. The text was not turned to paths.

Sorry, I have completely forgot you made a svg. I am not used to it at
all but will be a good reason to get starting.

Thanks a lot,