Fedora-art-list Digest, Vol 5, Issue 24

Diana Fong dfong at redhat.com
Mon Aug 14 22:23:32 UTC 2006

Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
>> From: Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro>
>>
>> Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
>>
>>> I completed the set of small emotes. I am not sure if it is a good idea
>>> to put a GPL license. Anyway, take a look on
>>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/EchoDevelopment
>>>
>> My two cents:
>> Can you make the outlines stronger? And use a gradient for outlines,
>> like in the other icons.
>> For angel and devil consider making the details more
>> evident/contrasting, I barely see the halo and the horns.
>> The same for the crying icon: one single tear is enough as a metaphor,
>> having so many they are small and invisible. So leave just one or two
>> big tears.
>> I understand blue is the defining color of the theme, but I feel a
>> classic yellow would be better for this group of icons.
>>

> I just completed the whole set of emotes. As suggested, I added a
> gradient on outlines and thicken them as well. Small size of emotes
> didn't need much change except angel and devil. It also appears that
> Diana Fong really appreciated them as she found them very expressive.

Luya...

Yup, I think your modifications of these icons have made them better
each time I see your updates.  I'd like to work with you to tweak it a
bit to fit in with the set's color and whatnot.  I was thinking
something like the attached EmoteB.png (with a darker blue face and a
dark blue mouth instead of the harsh black).  I've also quickly modified
the color for a "classic yellow" one as Nicu suggested above.  No strong
preference...though if we do go with a yellow...I'd like to see a darker
yellow -> yellow orange coloring.

The two devil icons still looks a bit odd to me, I think it's the horns,
try making them a dark red?
Also, what do you think about getting rid of the white areas of the eyes
for the smaller 16x16 size?  I think by just using the darker part would
make them more clear.

Diana
ps. temporarily removed the nose cuz it doesn't show up on the smaller
sizes...so thought i'd try it without the nose...hehe...what do you think?