Re: FC7 Theme Round 1 is over, let's start round 2!

Leo wrote:

One thing that confuses me for a long time is the fact that the art
team is rather concentrated on creating those wallpaper-like
pictures. I am not saying it is not important. They are critical
elements of a consistent-looking theme. But what about the gtk2 and
metacity themes, and the icon theme? Particularly the icon theme, it
is overdue for a change.

Wallpapers, gtk themes and icons are orthogonal. Development on one of them does not affect directly the other. Also, different people can work on each of them.

Working on gtk themes require knowledge of gtk and some programming abilities, icons are a little scary because the work is huge (we need a lot of them) so obviously people tend to concentrate on what seems easier and with a lower barrier to entry: wallpaper-like images. I believe we are not superhumans :p

--
nicu